Friday, February 11, 2011

"Where is the good in goodbye?"

Okay. I know I've done this before, but this time is for real. I am for all practical purposes shutting down my blog. I have absolutely no motivation to keep it up and maintained. If I feel like I am being forced/obligated to post, then something is wrong. I see other bloggers who have such a love for their blog put together amazing, thought provoking posts....and I feel so inferior in comparison. It's not overshadowing that is making this decision for me, but just stress in my life. Things aren't going so well for me at the moment.

While I won't be posting on this blog, I'll still be contributing to The Broke & the Bookish on a regular basis. I'll have new reviews going up there. Also, I have recently discovered tumblr, and am OBSESSED. I update that a lot. I'll also still be on goodreads and of course Twitter, though I may be a little quieter.

I'm so glad I got into the book blogosphere and am so glad I met some of you. It's just time to take a break.

9 comments:

  1. Sad! At least you'll still be around at B&B. If you want to come back, we'll be waiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad! I enjoy reading your blog, but if you don't enjoy writing it anymore, there's hardly a point in continuing. Maybe you'll get the itch again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactely what you mean I've thought about shutting mine down too. I haven't posted anything in a long time, and I can't seem to post reviews even after I read a really good book. I'll miss your posts though, I know I got a lot of great Historical fiction recommendations from it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so going to miss you! I've been stalking your blog for a couple of weeks now and you have great reviews. I'm glad you'll still be at the broke and bookish though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, nice to know I'll be missed by some people! :)

    I have a few posts for ARCs I wrote awhile ago, so those'll go up anyways. I may even pop in to do a Top 10 Tuesday! I'll still be doing reviews on goodreads..no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll miss you too! I'm sure we'll still talk on Twitter/Goodreads though! :)

    I've been thinking about shutting my blog down too, I can't read fast enough for it to be strictly a book blog or I just don't feel like writing a review of a book.

    I'm not really sure what Tumblr is but I've come across it a few times and it seems fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've gone back and forth with shutting down my personal book blog. I've lost all that gusto for my blogging it seems. I don't know how people have the time to post EVERY DAY. I just don't. I've been trying to chill out about it a little bit. I need to do it because I enjoy it..not for any other reasons.

    I'm glad you'll still be a part of TB&TB! I always look forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://clotheskays.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/free-to-good-home.html

    FREE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED :) X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Title:
    The Best High Returns on Best Investment

    Content:
    Welcome to Make Money Online with best investment in Hedge fund day trading with high returns on Daily Interest the world best revenue sharing program in which High Yield Investment Program, Best Hyip, Best Investment, Hyip Monitor, Forex Fund, Daily Profit, Monthly Interest, Monthly Profit, Earn Money Online, Money Maker Group, Dream Team Money and like this much more and you can withdraw the amount throw referral commission, eCurrency Invest, LibertyReserve, Alert Pay and SolidTrustPay as well. Get 200% profit within 150 days and the minimum withdraw is only $5 which is on daily basis.
    For More Details click the link below:

    Web Link:
    http://www.whatacash.com

    Display Name: whatacash

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails