Saturday, January 15, 2011

In My Mailbox (4)

Another attempt at In My Mailbox, hosted by The Story Siren!

OK, first of all, the volume is wayyyy low, so you'll have to turn it up. Second, I just came back from a run when I recorded this, so I look like a hot mess. Other than that....yeah. :)


Books Mentioned:
Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
A Child Called 'It' by Dave Pelzer
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
The Glimmer Palace by Beatrice Colin

Other Books Recieved:
Portrait of an Unknown Woman by Vanora Bennett
The Queene's Cure by Karen Harper
Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
The Queen's Rival by Diane Haeger (An ARC that I've actually already finished! You can read my review on goodreads, here.)
Between Two Queens by Kate Emerson

Movies:

And here is the cover for The Glimmer Palace. Isn't is GORGEOUS?!

15 comments:

  1. Hope you have fun reading all these books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved A Child Called 'It'. Sad, but true story :/ Hope you enjoy all of them!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cover for The Glimmer Palace! Great mailbox. Here is what I got this week. Have a great weekend and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool mailbox this week. Hope you have fun reading :) You can find my IMM at The Bookishsnob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome books you got this week. Pretties is quite a good book. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that glimmer place looks wonderful

    here's mine for this week

    P/S New follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great reads! Especially Bill Bryson. And Vanity Fair is a good book too.
    New follower!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great selection of books and movies! Love the cover for The Glimmer Palace. I hope you enjoy all your books and movies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my kids loved Toy Story 3. They'd watch it every single day if I let them. Though I don't know how they came up with a G rating for it. I still loved it though. Very good ending to the trilogy!

    Attack of the Book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really couldn't finish reading Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez! It was too long and too slow. :( I still want to watch the movie! Have fun reading the books you got.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a lovely mailbox. Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. I hope you like it too!! Great mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooo I love Gabriel Garcia Marquez. You should totally try The Chronicle of a Death Foretold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just finished The Glimmer Palace! WOW! I highly recommend it. Such a fantastic story. I listened to it on audio and the narrator was superb. Seriously, read it. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails