Friday, December 31, 2010

What I Read in 2010

[I know I already did a 10 Best Books of 2010 post, but this one is including alllllll the books I read this past year!]


The last day of the year is always a great time to look back at the past 365 days and reflect. In the past year, I transferred colleges, moved away from home, turned 20, experienced the hell of roommates for the first time, and mainly learned to live on my own (I still can't cook to save my life though).


What about the past year book related? Well, the biggest thing was the formation of The Broke & the Bookish, the other blog I review for. The launch of that great blog was how this one came to be. Because of these two blogs (and Twitter!) I've met some amazing people -- I like and know the majority of you better than my actual friends in real life! The blogs are around six months old and I've had a great time working on them.


Reading wise, I think I did pretty good. At the start of 2010, I think I overestimated my abilities and resolved to read 100 books. I only read 66, but that is definitely better than the average full-time college student! Here is a list of what I read this past year:


The Autobiography of Henry VIII by Margaret George
Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
Sovereign Ladies: The Six Reigning Queens of England by Maureen Waller
Katherine by Anya Seton
Bones to Ashes by Kathy Reichs
Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi
Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner
Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall
Little Altars Everywhere Wells, Rebecca
Washington's Lady by Nancy Moser
Falling Angels by Tracy Chevalier
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
The Year 1000: What Life Was Like at the Turn of the First Millennium by Robert Lacey
Atonement by Ian McEwan
The Pact by Jodi Picoult
The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
Murder Most Royal by Jean Plaidy
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
Sex with the Queen by Eleanor Herman
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Mistress Shakespeare by Karen Harper
Eleanor of Aquitaine by Alison Weir
Manhattan, When I Was Young by Mary Cantwell
The Trophy Bride's Tale by Cyrilla Barr
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
The Secret Bride: In the Court of Henry VIII by Diane Haeger
Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff
Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
The Children of Henry VIII by Alison Weir
Sex with Kings by Eleanor Herman
Dark Angels by Karleen Koen
The Courts of Love by Jean Plaidy
The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
The Countess and the King by Susan Holloway Scott
The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat by Oliver Sacks
The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber
The Merry Monarch's Wife by Jean Plaidy
Mary Queen of Scotland and the Isles by Margaret George
Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn
Ophelia by Lisa Klein
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent
The Hours by Michael Cunningham
The Perfect Royal Mistress by Diane Haeger
Still Alice by Lisa Genova
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
The Queen's Handmaiden by Jennifer Ashley
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling


Definitely a wide range of books! The only rereads from this list were the Harry Potter books. I hope I do this well in 2011! My TBR pile for the coming year is quite daunting.


I hope everybody has a great New Years :)

2 comments:

  1. Have a delightful New Year! I hope 2011 brings you many wonderful reading adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!
    I read The Pillars of the Earth last month & consider it one of my new favorites. I thought it was incredible!
    I'm amazed at the amount of books you are able to read while a student!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails