Saturday, December 11, 2010

In My Mailbox (3)

I decided to be different for this week's In My Mailbox, hosted by The Story Siren, -- a vlog! You can finally see the face behind the snarkiness. There's about a 1 second delay between the audio and the visual in the video, boo! This was my 4th or 5th attempt at this video, and you can't really tell, but I was getting rather frustrated. Anyways, here it is:



Just so you know, all those dinging noises are my Twitter notifications. Everyone was tweeting about The Vampire Academy!
I also like how I say "I don't know" 200 times.

Books Mentioned:
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
The Loves of Charles II by Jean Plaidy
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
Ophelia by Lisa Klein
The Game by A.S. Byatt
Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson
The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue
Through a Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen

Blogs Mentioned:
Passages to the Past

Also, since I recorded this video, I received an ARC in the mail, Inside Information: Archives of an Angel by Michele Tokiwa; ANOTHER book from my Secret Santa, Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende (THANK YOU!); and two books from the library: The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent and The Hours by Michael Cunningham. What a haul! They all look pretty interesting.




Anyways....yeah. This is probably the last vlog ever.

*covers face in embarrassment*

9 comments:

  1. It looks like you've got some great books! I read Snow Falling on Cedars, and I thought it was okay. The language was beautiful, but Guterson puts a little too much detail in from time to time. It was still enjoyable, though.

    I really enjoyed The Stolen Child. It's like a fairy tale written for adults. Well, it was shelved as YA in my library, but you'll have to let me know when you read it because I found it to be more adult than YA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vlog is great! I read Snow Falling on Cedars several years ago but don't really remember it. I really want to read The Stolen Child and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, so I can't wait to hear how you like those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy reading!

    If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-

    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/
    Merry Christmas!
    Gabrielle Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY so many great books! I liked your Vlog too, they are so much better then just a post of what you got in my opinion! I'm so jealous you got Through A Glass Darkly! I can't wait to hear how you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you enjoy your books. Happy Reading. Wanna check out what I got this week In My Mailbox?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know, thanks Jessi!

    Thanks Liz and Kelly! I'm glad my dorkiness in video form is appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're vlog was great! I'm too much of a chicken to do one! I bought The Heretic's Daughter from the bargain section at B&N last week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jen! I'm loving The Heretic's Daughter and I'm not even into the witch-related parts yet!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails