Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Top 10 Most Unfortunate Character Names

It's time for Top 10 Tuesday! This week's theme is:

Unfortunate Character Names

I admit that I've cheated a bit here. All of the names on my list are from the Harry Potter series. J.K. Rowling created hundreds of characters for her books, so instead of using the same names several times, she got a bit...creative. Also, they're wizards. Weird enough.

  1. Mundungus Fletcher - look for him in the upcoming HP7 movie. I'll be laughing at his name.
  2. Dedalus Diggle - heheh. Diggle.
  3. Wilhelmina Grubbly-Plank
  4. Andreyius Snicklepitch - I don't even know what that first name is, but Snicklepitch wins the best last name EVER.
  5. Winkus Oddpick  
  6. Lysander Scamander - just say it out loud. Of course, we are talking about Luna's kid, 'nuff said.
  7. Dempster Wiggleswade - sorry, you'll always be Dumpster PigglyWiggly to me.
  8. Galatea Merrythought - I'm always reminded of Merry from The Lord of the Rings (oh man, I could create a whole other list of weirdo names from those books....)
  9. Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - yes, THE Dumbledore. I just love Brian thrown in there.
  10. Crispin Cronk
My spell check went beserk in this post; red squiggly lines galore!

10 comments:

  1. Great list! I thought of doing the same thing, but I ended up only putting one HP name on my list.

    http://thebluebookcase.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Rowling had so many weird and far-out names in those books that I bet it was hard to pick the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually know somebody who named their daughter Wilhelmina. I think it's a mouthful to say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. Andreyius Snicklepitch is sooo wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Albus Severus Potter?

    ("ASP", asp. Nice name for the child of someone who used to be able to speak Parseltongue.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me laugh so much! Such creative names, and strange ones at that! Great list. A few Harry Potter names made my list.
    Here's My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a soft spot for weird and wonderful names in Harry Potter. Though some are a bit more special than most.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crazy names! How did I miss thinking of Harry Potter?


    Mine is here:
    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2010/11/nearly-ten-most-unfortunate-character.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always thought "Brian" in Dumbledore's name was random or a moment where JK Rowling ran out of other names to add in there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The "Brian" totally makes Dumbledore's name. I always found it an amusing reminder that yes, these characters are supposed to exist in the world we live in today.

    Dumbledore has an epic name.

    Also, wow Galetea. She sounds like an American Gladiator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails