Monday, October 4, 2010

What I've been up to recently & I was tagged!

Hi guys! No review today, just a little update-y type thing. 

I had a great birthday! I was totally spot in in my prediction that I would get apartment-related things: food, dish towels, toiletries, etc. I did get two books though, The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane and Great Expectations. Not what I had hoped for, but good enough! Also, the play that my roommates and I went to was VERY WEIRD. Yes.

I finished Dark Angels: A Novel yesterday and will most likely have a review up either Wednesday or Thursday! Also, a really good Top 10 Tuesday is tomorrow!

For my Visual Communications class, we have a long term project that allows us to use our creative and art skills in any way we desire. The main goal is to properly mesh our interests and strengths together. Well, my interests include reading (duh!) and graphic design. My idea for the project was to design book covers, either for books I already love or for books that I think could use some better covers. I've only done about seven so far, but if I do say so myself, they look pretty good! Here is my favorite so far:


I plan to put a longer post up with some more examples when I'm closer to being finished, probably in late November. This has been keeping me pretty busy lately! Also, if you have any interest at all, I post updates and more covers at the blog I created for this project. You can find it here.





In more fun news, I was tagged by Kelly at Books: A Love Story in an international game of tag. I am reminded of those silly surveys everyone used to do on MySpace, so of course I have to do this!

4 Things That Are In My Handbag
- A books (currently The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat: And Other Clinical Tales)
- My cell phone
- My iPod
- Key ring with keys to my apartment, mailbox, car, and bike

4 Things In/On My Desk
- My humongous pink laptop
- A dead plant 
- A stack of notebooks, papers, and books
- Dirty dishes (I'm so messy it's sad)

4 Favorite Things In My Bedroom
- My book! They aren't in a designated place, just spread around everywhere
- My bed (I love to sleep!)
- My posters (of New York, beaches, and Las Vegas)
- Fuzzy rug (I do yoga there)

4 Things I've Always Wanted To Do (but haven't yet)
- This is the same as Kelly's, VISIT ENGLAND! There are Tudor trips you can take and visit important palaces and houses.
- Visit all 50 states in the U.S. I'm over halfway to this goal! 
- Learn Italian (I speak bits of it, but I want to have a nice flowing conversation with a handsome Italian boy.)
- Have a real job

4 Things I Enjoy Very Much At The Moment
- Of course, reading!
- Spending time with my family. Wherever we are, I always enjoy their company. They are my truest friends.
- Going to the beach!
- 'Family dinners' on Sundays with my roommates

4 Songs I Can't Get Out Of My Head
- Teenage Dream by Katy Perry
- 'Animal' by Neon Trees
- 'Airplanes' by Bob (B.O.B?)
- The latest Usher song (whatever it's called)

4 Things You Don't Know About Me
- I have more guy friends than girl friends. 90% of the girls I know in real life (I don't mean my blogger friends!) are so dramatic and catty. I can't stand them.
- I am a horrible cook. I fail at making scrambled eggs.
- I am a California native! Born and raised in San Diego.
- Like a toddler, I'm afraid of the dark. Not in the safety of my own room, but take me anywhere else in the dark and I am literally freaking out. It's not pretty.


Thanks for tagging me Kelly! I'll think of some people to tag later!

2 comments:

  1. Have given this blog an award. Check it out at http://walkingbutterflyfeet.blogspot.com/2010/10/one-lovely-blog-award.html. Congratulations!

    - Zakiya

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I completely agree with you on the cooking one. I actually tried to make scrabled eggs for my boyfriend this morning, and I forgot to whip them up before putting them in the pan, so they turned into fried choppy eggs haha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails