Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Top 10 Favorite Authors


Yay it's Tuesday! This week's list at The Broke & the Bookish is:


Top Ten Favorite Authors

This one is an easy one! I'll also list my favorite book by them.




  1. Alison Weir (how could I possibly choose out of all of her books?! Maybe The Six Wives of Henry VIII....or Innocent Traitor)
  2. Anya Seton (Green Darkness)
  3. Margaret George (The Autobiography of Henry VIII)
  4. Jean Plaidy (Murder Most Royal)
  5. Tracy Chevalier (Falling Angels)
  6. Carolly Erickson (several)
  7. Karleen Koen (Dark Angels)
  8. Charlotte Bronte (Jane Eyre)
  9. Jane Austen (any except Mansfield Park)
  10. Diana Gabaldon (Outlander)
EDIT: AM I STUPID? HOW IS J.K. ROWLING NOT ON MY LIST? I HATE MYSELF RIGHT NOW.

8 comments:

  1. Thumbs up to the Brontes and Austen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, don't be so hard on yourself! I almost forgot her too. Also, I hear ya on the Mansfield Park thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also hate myself for all the typos I keep finding! :|

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Mansfield Park. I once got eaten alive for saying I didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jane Austen! Her work is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL on leaving off JKR. I've been looking at all the lists from the host site and there have been very few without her. It's amusing!

    Other than Austen (only Northanger Abbey) I haven't read anyone on your list. Hmn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list, we have a lot in common! I'll have to look up Tracy, Carolly, and Karleen. I've never heard of them. I can't believe you forgot JKR lol, that's ok there are so many great authors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bronte yeah! I totally agree about Mansfield Park-- what a snooze fest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never had a chance to finish looking at all the lists last night because I had to go to a meeting and it ended up being the meeting that would never end. Ha. I like your list. As I was driving home from said meeting I thought that I should have put Harper Lee on my list since I think that To Kill a Mockingbird is a perfect book. However, I based my list on body of work and I force myself to pick authors that I have read three or more of their books. I left Bill Bryson off my list but went back and added him. I think I would make completely different list today, like I'd probably add JK Rowling, and Dr. Seuss.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails