Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Top 10 Books I Will Never Read


It's Tuesday, time for Top 10 Tuesday from The Broke & the Bookish! This week's list is:

Top 10 Books I Will Never Read

Ouch, that's pretty harsh. This should be interesting!


  1. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown - Just sayin'.

  2. If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans by Ann Coulter - or any other book by her for that matter...

  3. Miles To Go by Miley Cyrus - My worst nightmare would be to listen to Miley herself reading this book to me in her awful, gravely chain-smoker's voice.

  4. How to Be Famous: Our Guide to Looking the Part, Playing the Press, and Becoming a Tabloid Fixture by Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt - I am typically a nice person and try not to hate anybody, but I frequently wish these two would die a horrible, horrible death.

  5. Confessions of an Heiress: A Tongue-in-Chic Peek Behind the Pose by Paris Hilton - I am starting to use the word 'by' very lightly. I really don't dislike Paris Hilton that much, but I don't want to read a book about a person who is famous for absolutely nothing.

  6. Any book by Glenn Beck - please keep your politics out of my literary library, thanks.

  7. Hooking Up with Tila Tequila: A Guide to Love, Fame, Happiness, Success, and Being the Life of the Party by Tila Tequila - I'm not really sure that Ms. Tequila is an expert on any of these things, except maybe the last one.

  8. Gossip Girl series by Cecily von Ziegesar - If you are familiar with my blog/reading preferences, you know this is a type of book I would NEVER read. I have little patience for rich spoiled girls in real life, why would I want to read about them?

  9. How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks - This is my representative for all the terrible vampire books out there.

  10. The South Beach Diet - I feel pretty weird for putting this on here, but I hate diet-related books. They give me the heebie-jeebies and make me feel fat.
Looking over this list....it's official: I am a major dork.

14 comments:

  1. Miley Cyrus, Paris Hilton, and Tila Tequila have
    books out?!?!? What the Heck is this world coming to lol. Gossip Girl Made my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some good choices there. I stay far, far away for diet books - in fact self-help in general. I hate celebrity books, and books about politics bore me to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann Coulter was very close to making my list! Then I got worried about adding a political book and offending some ultra-conservative who may or may not follow my blog. Anyhow, great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the whole list! I read The Da Vinci Code. You aren't missing a thing. Believe me.

    As for the rest of the books, are they books or just wastes of paper?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire is actually a very entertaining novel, even though it wasn't that amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew about Miley's book, but seriously, I didn't even know Paris, Tila and Speidi could read, let alone write a book! I completely agree with you on those.
    I actually really enjoyed the Da Vinci Code, but I read it before the hype started and before the movie came out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm strangely interested in Gossip Girl but I doubt I'd ever read it or watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You may need to add an eleventh...I saw a new "novel" by Hillary Duff on the shelf at Target this week. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha Daisy, I may hate them, but 'Speidi' is still the best couple name EVER.

    I just tweeted about the Hilary Duff book mrsdexter! Justin Beiber also has a book, that could be number 12.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'd agree with your whole list - and add Lindsay Lohan as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fkldsflnfd SPENCER AND HEIDI HAVE A BOOK? Oh man, I was so much happier not know about that. I have Paris' book on my list, but it was a placeholder for all the shitty celebrity books out there. Miley, Tila, and those idiotic Hills people included.

    I really should have had Gossip Girl on my list, I can't believe I forgot that one :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some very good choices here! I could definitely never read anything by Miley Cyrus, Paris Hilton, the car crash that is Tila Tequila and that horrible Laguna Beach/The Hills couple!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Your list is a good one. I was unaware so many bad celebrity books existed. Now if only I could avoid seeing all their faces and stories in the checkout lane, life would be even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails