This is one of the most random Top Ten Tuesdays ever! I almost sat it out, however when my roommate told me last night that I write/speak like a middle aged British woman (?!), I decided to explore this further.
Anyways, be sure to check out all the entries at The Broke and the Bookish!
Top 10 Favorite Words
- Abomination- I use this word entirely too much for no real reason.
- Flagellum - A sciency word. Makes me feel smart.
- Wormwood-Something harsh. Wormwood. So entirely random.
- Hoodwinked-To be deceived...Dumbledore uses this word a lot. Enough said.
- Alohomora-Okayyy, this isn't a real word. It's a Harry Potter spell! I think it unlocks doors.
- Potpourri-In reality, potpourri kind of freaks me out, but the word sounds like a cat.
- Rumpus- I don't think I even know what this means. Isn't it a loud noise or something?
- Bodacious- Okay, I would never use this word in my vocabulary ever, but it simply rolls off the tongue!
- Hogwash- I need to find a way to incorporating this into everyday conversation without sounding like a redneck (this is difficult in north/central Florida).
- Manorexic- I in no way condone anorexia, in either males or females. This word is just hilarious.
So did that sound like an old British lady? Not to me. My roommate is a lunatic.
P.S. I will post my reread of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on Thursday! :)