Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Top 10 Favorite Quotes


This weeks's list from The Broke and the Bookish is:

Top 10 Favorite Book Quotes





  1. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
    "If you look for perfection, you'll never be content."
  2. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
    "The person, be it gentlemen or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."
  3. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
    "You can only be in a bad mood for so long before you just have to face up to the fact that it isn't a bad mood at all; it's just your sucky personality."
  4. Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
    "He tried to name which of the deadly seven [sins] might apply, and when he failed he decided to append an eighth, regret."
  5. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
    "If you go on flirting with the king with those sickly little smiles, one of us Boleyns is going to scratch your eyes out."
  6. The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkein
    "All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."
  7. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
  8. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
    "Forgiveness is a gift of high value. Yet its cost is nothing."
  9. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
    "Sometimes the last person on earth you want to be with is the one person you can't be without."
    This one is just for fun because it made me laugh for a solid five minutes:
  10. The Children of Henry VIII by Alison Weir
    "By the time [Elizabeth] was twenty, her menstrual problems were notorious, and a matter of concern to foreign ambassadors..."

    P.S. My giveaway will go up tomorrow! :)

12 comments:

  1. A lot of those are on my quotes list on Goodreads, but somehow none made it to my top ten. I LOVE that last one! It would be so embarassing to have other people worry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ones! I really like that one from Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty ! I have not read that book, or any in the series, but it sounds funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Tolstoy one! I havn't read it but it's on my list! It's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost included number 7 on my own list, and I adore that poem from The Fellowship of the Ring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha.... Elizabeth's menstural cycles. I loved how she didn't play by thier rules and marry anyone, despite how long they studied her menstrations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those HP & LOTR quotes! Also the one from Northanger Abbey is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love looking at everyone's quotes. Of course, I just love quotes. :-) Great List!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such clever quotes! Love reading these. And copying and pasting them to my own lists!

    My list is posted here: www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great list :D I love almost all of them, but especially 2 (hi5), 7, and 9 :D Especially 7. V. wise. That was Dumbledore, right? I have one of his quotes on my list, too. And another P&P one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Jane Austen quotes! You've compiled a nice list and a great variety. Plus, your last one is a hoot. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails