This weeks's list from The Broke and the Bookish is:
Top 10 Favorite Book Quotes
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
"If you look for perfection, you'll never be content."
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
"The person, be it gentlemen or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."
- Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
"You can only be in a bad mood for so long before you just have to face up to the fact that it isn't a bad mood at all; it's just your sucky personality."
- Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
"He tried to name which of the deadly seven [sins] might apply, and when he failed he decided to append an eighth, regret."
- The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
"If you go on flirting with the king with those sickly little smiles, one of us Boleyns is going to scratch your eyes out."
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkein
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
"Forgiveness is a gift of high value. Yet its cost is nothing."
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
"Sometimes the last person on earth you want to be with is the one person you can't be without."This one is just for fun because it made me laugh for a solid five minutes:
- The Children of Henry VIII by Alison Weir
"By the time [Elizabeth] was twenty, her menstrual problems were notorious, and a matter of concern to foreign ambassadors..."
P.S. My giveaway will go up tomorrow! :)