My favorite meme from The Broke & the Bookish!
Top 10 Favorite Couples
Not sure I can make it to 10....I tend to shy away from books with romance in it. I also shouldn't need to point out that my list will be full of real-life historical characters. May take away from the coolness.
- Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet from Pride & Prejudice - dur.
- George and Martha Washington from Washington's Lady - What a sweet couple. Martha loved George even though he had horrible teeth. It doesn't get much better than that.
- Hermione and Ron from the Harry Potter series - I wish I could put Harry and Hermione for this list (yes, I was one of those people), but this one will do. I think it's just because Ron is so awesome that I rooted for this couple.
- Andrew and Rachel Jackson from The President's Lady - another sickeningly cute presidential couple.
- Cecilia Tallis and Robbie Turner from Atonement - sheesh, what a tragic couple. If you've read the book, you know what I'm talking about....if not, I don't want to spoil anything.
- Fanny Price and Edmund Bertram from Mansfield Park - OK, in actuality, I hate this book. I die a little inside when I say I hate a Jane Austen novel. The only reason this is on my list is because it gives hope to quiet, shy girls (ahem, me). Other than that....gross.
- Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre - I call this one The Caveman Love Story (Mr. Rochester looks like a caveman or some early primate on the cover of my copy). Love is more than appearances, thank God.
- Jamie and Claire from the Outlander series - ah, yes, the time traveling couple. These two have a lot of physical attraction (which we get to read all about), but there's much more there....it's almost a sort of maternal love....which isn't creepy at all. Jamie is just adorable, especially with his Scottish accent and kilt.
- Holly and Gerry from P.S. I Love You - another sickeningly cute couple. What a sweet Irish guy.
- Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn from any novel - I couldn't resist. What a weird couple. I wouldn't say that most love stories would end with him having her beheaded, but I still think Henry loved Anne until the day he died.
Looking over my list, the only American men are two old, dead Presidents.