My favorite meme from The Broke & the Bookish!
Top 10 Books I'm Dying to Read
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell - I own this book and can't believe I haven't read it in all these years. I have seen the movie, which I adored.
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck - I own this book as well. I've heard a lot of good things about this one and need to get more into Steinbeck. I've only read Of Mice and Men and The Grapes of Wrath by him.
- Still Alice by Lisa Genova - I'm anxiously waiting to find this one because the premise sounds awesome: a woman only in her 40s is diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Whoa.
- Joy in the Morning by Betty Smith - I loved A Tree Grows in Brooklyn so I naturally wanted to read more by the same author. I think all of her stories have the same premise though, all based on her own life.
- Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty - I'm not one for chicklit/young adult novels, but I loved the two previous books in this series. My library never has it though.
- The Secret Bride by Diane Haeger - Okay, I may be cheating here. I just started this last night. I've been reading too much historical non-fiction recently and needed a nice break. I'm so excited to jump into this one! Princess Mary is fascinating.
- The Price of Innocence by Vicki Hopkins - I love but don't read enough books set in Victorian times. How about one about a prostitute?
- The Lady in the Tower by Alison Weir - Favorite author, favorite historical figure (Anne Boleyn). Enough said.
- Elizabeth I by Margaret George - Okay, another favorite author, but not one of my favorite historical figures. Maybe I'll grow to love Elizabeth.
- Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay - This is one of the books that has been on my TBR list the longest. WWII novels always depress me (The Book Thief, Stones from the River, etc), but this one looks really good.
Next Week: Top 10 Favorite Book Quotes