Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Top 10 Books I'm Dying to Read



My favorite meme from The Broke & the Bookish!

Top 10 Books I'm Dying to Read



  1. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell - I own this book and can't believe I haven't read it in all these years. I have seen the movie, which I adored.
  2. East of Eden by John Steinbeck - I own this book as well. I've heard a lot of good things about this one and need to get more into Steinbeck. I've only read Of Mice and Men and The Grapes of Wrath by him.
  3. Still Alice by Lisa Genova - I'm anxiously waiting to find this one because the premise sounds awesome: a woman only in her 40s is diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Whoa.
  4. Joy in the Morning by Betty Smith - I loved A Tree Grows in Brooklyn so I naturally wanted to read more by the same author. I think all of her stories have the same premise though, all based on her own life.
  5. Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty - I'm not one for chicklit/young adult novels, but I loved the two previous books in this series. My library never has it though.
  6. The Secret Bride by Diane Haeger - Okay, I may be cheating here. I just started this last night. I've been reading too much historical non-fiction recently and needed a nice break. I'm so excited to jump into this one! Princess Mary is fascinating.
  7. The Price of Innocence by Vicki Hopkins - I love but don't read enough books set in Victorian times. How about one about a prostitute?
  8. The Lady in the Tower by Alison Weir - Favorite author, favorite historical figure (Anne Boleyn). Enough said.
  9. Elizabeth I by Margaret George - Okay, another favorite author, but not one of my favorite historical figures. Maybe I'll grow to love Elizabeth.
  10. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay - This is one of the books that has been on my TBR list the longest. WWII novels always depress me (The Book Thief, Stones from the River, etc), but this one looks really good.
Next Week: Top 10 Favorite Book Quotes

10 comments:

  1. Nice list! We are going to be reviewing Sarah's Key on Thursday I think at The Blue Bookcase so you should come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked out Charmed Thirds from my library this morning (I hope your library has it soon!). Sarah's Key was a really good book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read The Lady in the Tower too, it sounds really good,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Megan McCafferty's series, except the last one, but their all still worth reading! I really Want to read Lady in the Tower too, I love Anne Boleyn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read and reviewed Still Alice which was a remarkable read. I've only seen the movie Gone with the Wind but haven't read the book which I really should. As for the rest of your excellent list, I need to add them to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read Still Alice also! Going to check out your review too Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. East of Eden is brilliant - definitely my favorite Steinbeck novel, with Grapes of Wrath coming in a close second. Don't let the size of the book stop you, it's a surprisingly fast read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes to Charmed Thirds and yes to Gone With the Wind. I must add East of Eden to my list. Thank you for the suggestion.

    Here's my post:
    www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Gone With the Wind and Sarah's Key is sitting on to-read list as well :)

    I have an award for you by the way:
    http://between-thepages.blogspot.com/2010/09/versatile-blogger-award-and-one-lovely.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read Gone with the Wind last year as Book 1 of a 50 book challenge. It took me 4 weeks and through off my whole book schedual. But it was worth it, just a monster to read as it is so long. I feel like I have a whole new perspective on the civil war.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails