It's Tuesday, that means another Top 10 Tuesday!
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's list is:
The top 10 most dislikable characters
- Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter series: UGH. I HATED this woman. I wish the centaurs had crucified her when they had the chance. I did like how she was portrayed in the movies, she was quite excellent at being evil.
- Katie Nolan from A Tree Grows in Brooklyn: She had some redeeming points in the book, especially towards the end, but I really disliked the way Katie acted towards her daughter and husband especially.
- Fanny Price from Mansfield Park: I always wanted to kick this girl's ass. After reading about Elizabeth Bennett in Pride & Prejudice, Fanny is such a let down. In my opinion, she's weak and boring. She barely has her own voice in the book about her.
- William Hamleigh from The Pillars of the Earth: If you've read the book you know just how awful he is. What a prick. That is all.
- Rebecca Bloomwood in Confessions of a Shopaholic: I have no patience for these kinds of women: frivolous, whiny girls with no self-control. Don't think I'm going to read an entire series filled with this type of girl. I think I hated Rebecca from the second page.
- Mrs. de Winters from Rebecca: Just another whiny, insecure wuss always fretting about what others thought of her. She took away some of the awesomeness that filled the rest of the book.
- Pretty much every character from Wuthering Heights: Yeah. I don't know what else to say. I disliked this book with a passion because all the characters were drama queens.
- Clare from The Time Traveler's Wife: She whines a lot (I have a thing with whining obviously). I admit, she has good reason for whining most of the time, but I was just sick of it.
- Frances Brandon from Innocent Traitor: I think this woman out-evils Umbridge because she was a real person. Frances beat her child incessantly for lame things and was a part of the plot to put her daughter on the throne....which only lead to her daughter's execution. Since I shamelessly promote this book in every list, read it just to find out how evil this woman is!
- Bella Swan from Twilight: I know, I know, total cop out. It's not so much that I hate Bella, it's that I hate Kristen Stewart. And her lip biting problem.
Next week's list:
Top 10 Book Blogs You Love