Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Top 10 Books I Can't Believe I've Never Read


It's Tuesday, that means another Top 10 Tuesday!

This week's list is:
Top 10 book I can't believe I've never read

[In no particular order]



  1. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
  2. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
  3. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  4. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
  5. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
  6. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
  7. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
  8. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  9. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
  10. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Holy Mary Mother of God, the more I look at this list, the more I think "And you call yourself a reader?! You're an idiot!" Seriously, what kind of schooling did I have? This may be the saddest thing ever.

9 comments:

  1. I feel like I need to add Hunger Games to this list with all the hoopla I've been hearing about it lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in college for my English class. We also watched the movie. I though it was pretty interesting, but definitely not something I would have picked up on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of the ones I've read, I can assure you that they are excellent and you will not regret picking them up when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your last comment, I can identify! Good list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's much more difficult to get into some of those if you arn't reading them for a class, but of the 3 I've read they're all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently read The Count of Monte Cristo and LOVED it. It took me a while to get into it, but it's so worth it in the end. I'm procrastinating about posting a review about it because I don't know how to translate its amazingness into actual words (other than 'it's so amazing', that is).
    It's a good list to add to everyone's reading goals, I haven't read most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it makes you feel better, I've only read two of these. Gone with the Wind I loved with all the passion of a high school romantic. The Lord of the Flies I hated with the same passion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, god this week's topic has seriously expanded my To Read list. I need to everything on your list. I feel bad wasting so much of my time with terrible YA paranormal romance novels when I could be reading classics like these, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same problem...when I start thinking about the books I haven't read, I end up thinking good God, Alex, you're barely literate. I've never read any Dostoevsky! Or Count of Monte Cristo! It's pathetic. I should be shot.

    On the other hand, I tell myself: look at all the awesome books that I still get to experience for the first time.

    All these anonymous comments are from Alex on Goodreads. I love top ten lists, man, they're like my favorite thing ever.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails