Sunday, August 29, 2010

In My Mailbox





In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren.


OK, so I've never done one of these before, but since I bought a ton of exciting books recently, I wanted some place to show them off! :)





The Secret Bride: In the Court of Henry VIII by Diane Haeger

I'm really excited for this one, as it's about Princess Mary, Henry VIII's sister, a character I've been dying to read more about. This one focuses about her marriage to both the King of France and Charles Brandon.






The Life of Elizabeth I by Alison Weir

LOVE Alison Weir! I realized that I've read so much about the Tudors, but have somehow neglected Elizabeth! Wanting to differentiate fact from fiction, I thought I'd turn to my all-time favorite historian.






The Children of Henry VIII by Alison Weir

Yeah yeah, another Alison Weir book. I'd heard raves about this book from the Tudor History Lovers group on goodreads, and it was only $2.50, so why not? Besides Edward, Mary, and Elizabeth, Lady Jane Grey is also thrown in here, which should be interesting.





The Courts of Love by Jean Plaidy

Eleanor of Aquitaine has always interested me. I tried a non-fiction on her first, but was a bit overwhelmed. I figured a Jean Plaidy fiction novel was a good place to start!






Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff

My blogger friend Tahleen sent this book to me! I know basically nothing about Cleopatra, so this should be an interesting read. I'm less that 100 pages into it and have found out so many cool facts!






The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat by Oliver Sacks

Required reading that is fun! I have to read this for my Physiological Psychology class, but it'd been on my TBR list for a long time, so it's a treat to read this! (Boo for it being $15 from the school bookstore though).

4 comments:

  1. Hi, i randomly came across your blog and i really am loving it! Im impressed with the reading list too! I also noticed the marie antoinette pic and i loooooove the costume and scenery in that film...
    I also noticed that we like a lot of the same books, cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! From your reading list it's quite obvious that you're a huge fan of Tudor England, as am I! It seems that you buy the latest books and then before they've even arrived another 5 books have been published! So hard to keep up to date. I run a site, On the Tudor Trail, dedicated to Anne Boleyn and all things Tudor, come along and take a look!
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! I'm loving both of your guys' blogs as well (food is always a plus Morellocherry!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails