Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Top 10 Books to Bring on a Desert Island

Inspired by the Broke and the Bookish!

What ten books would you bring with you if stranded on a dessert island?

  1. The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Volume I by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - I love Sherlock Holmes! This gigantic book would certainly tide me over for quite awhile!

  2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling - If I can't bring all my Harry Potter books, then I'd bring this one. Once again, because it's huge, and second, it's probably my favorite.

  3. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo - I've had this one awhile, but have been too busy to start reading it...I'm doubting I'm going to be too busy on this deserted island.

  4. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon - Since I'm kind of a wimp, I'm also thinking that I may die on this island. If that's the case, I can't die without knowing what happens in the third book of the Outlander series. Bonus: It's ginormous.

  5. The Autobiography of Henry VIII by Margaret George - I'm trying to narrow my list down to only one Tudor book, and this is my pick. It's awesome.

  6. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith - I simply can't imagine being anywhere for a long period of time without this book. It's very special to me.

  7. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis - another series I've been meaning to get around to. I have a nice big volume with all the books in one. No cheating here!

  8. The Beatles: The Biography by Bob Spitzer - I got bored trying to read this book the first time around....and since I'll have nothing else to do, why not? Plus, I love the Beatles.

  9. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley - Another must-read epic.

  10. Helen of Troy by Margaret George - I'll be alone and jealous that Helen of Troy is cooler than me.
I'm pretty sure that all of these books are at least 800 pages. I'll be busy for awhile.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh Les Miserables. I should have put that one on to tackle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just commenting on another blog how much I love Les Mis, although it's not on my list. However, Narnia and Avalon are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same with HP, though I have a hard time choosing between that one and Half-Blood Prince.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have Harry Potter box sets right? Or I could just stuff it into one big book. I like them all too much!

    I am looking forward to Les Miserables..and Narnia and Avalon....man, if this island were real, I'd actually enjoy it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Beatles too. I could geek out about them forever... but I get bored trying to read Beatles biographies as well. Hah. It's a funny thing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails